Hacker Returns Part of $61M Stolen Crypto Assets: New Presale Offers 100x Potential

• On July 30th, Curve Finance lost $61 million in crypto assets due to a hack. Alchemix’s alETH pools and Metronome’s msETH were also targeted, resulting in losses of $22.6 million and $3.4 million respectively.
• On Friday, the perpetrator returned at least $10 million worth of crypto assets to Alchemix’s multi-signature wallet. This news caused an increase in Curve DAO Token (CRV) prices.
• A bounty was offered by Curve Finance, Metronome, and Alchemix on August 3 for anyone who returns the stolen funds with a 10% bounty offered in exchange for returning the other 90%.

Curve Finance Hack

On July 30th, Curve Finance lost $61 million in crypto assets due to a hack that also targeted Alchemix’s alETH pools and Metronome’s msETH causing losses of $22.6 million and $3.4 million respectively.

Returned Assets

On Friday, the perpetrator returned at least $10 million worth of crypto assets to Alchemix’s multi-signature wallet which caused an increase in Curve DAO Token (CRV) prices.

Bounty Offered

In order to facilitate the return of the stolen funds, a bounty was announced by Curve Finance, Metronome, and Alchemix on August 3 offering a 10% bounty of the stolen money in exchange for returning the other 90%. The projects have promised that they won’t pursue further action or involve law enforcement if the attacker(s) voluntarily return the stolen funds but will pursue them through all legal avenues if they don’t return them.

Proof Locate
The three DeFi platforms have also stated that they will pay out this 10% bounty to whoever can locate proof that leads to guilty parties being found guilty in court as well as offer further incentive for those involved to return the stolen funds without fear of retribution or prosecution from authorities.

Conclusion
The news of at least some of the stolen funds being returned has given victims hope that they may one day see their assets recovered fully but only time will tell if any further action is taken either by authorities or those responsible for this attack against innocent investors‘ money.